Now, more than ever, it’s time to put our experience and expertise to work for you.
Welcome to Idaho and the Rockies… a truly magnificent state where people are friendly, self-reliant, and down-to-earth.
We at Gateway would be honored to introduce you to Idaho and help you in your pursuit of an Idaho property; whether that be a ranch, farm, land, home, investment or mountain property. The Gateway team is devoted to its clients, committed to excellence, and experienced to help you succeed.
While real estate is the asset, it is people’s goals and heartfelt desires that must be met in the process. We take great care to listen and understand all your needs and concerns in purchasing a property. We call it being “client-focused.” We help clients fulfill their goals by applying and aligning our knowledge and abilities to their interests.
Buying an Idaho ranch, farm or property of any size or type is an exciting adventure. There is a good deal to learn and know when it comes to choosing the right property, and it can be overwhelming without the benefit of our expertise, experiences and guidance. We keep in mind not only all your goals, but also how you prioritize those goals. We help guide you through the many varied issues and considerations involved in selecting just the right property for you in Idaho.
If you haven’t seen it already, please feel free to click on and read the Idaho state-mandated brochure describing “Agency,” which we will be pleased to explain. Click Here.
Approximately 75%-80% of our business is representing buyers of ranches, land, farms and investment property as the exclusive agent of the buyer; representing only the interests of the buyer with an undivided allegiance. We advise our clients as to pluses and minuses of properties, do research & due diligence even before writing an offer and work to represent the buyer’s interest to fulfill their goals within their budget and timeframe. We take the mystery out of the process and give our clients confidence in what they are doing. We’d be honored to talk with you about representing your interests, as well.
Our goal is to make your introduction to Idaho as pleasant, educational and fun as possible. Whenever you’re ready… let’s ride.
Lon’s credentials in Ranch, Farm, Land & Mountain Properties…
Credentials & Professional Designations:
- Certified Land Consultant – awarded for excellence in land proficiency by the American Land Institute
- Board Certified Land Broker – recognized leader in land brokerage.
- Certified Commercial-Investment Member – Commercial-Investment Real Estate Institute of NAR; demonstrating excellence, considered the “Masters” level of commercial & investment real estate. Received 1988.
- Accredited Buyer Representation – awarded for demonstrated competency in representing the buyer’s interest in asset acquisition.
- Farmland Advisor to Idaho Department of Lands
- One of two externals that interviewed with Governor & Land Board for Director of Idaho Department of Lands, 2011
- Lon Lundberg is licensed in Idaho and has held broker’s licenses in three other states.
Background: Over 20 years extensive involvement in ranch sales, farm, mountain and land real estate brokerage, consulting, sales training and management.
Previous Roles in Land, Ranch, Farm & Recreational Real Estate:
Managing Broker/Partner – Jacobs, Lundberg & Olsen Ranch Brokerage – Oversaw all real estate activities, managing and training eight (8) brokers & agents and support staff. Acquisitions, dispositions/sales, marketing of ranches, farm, land, commercial & investment properties and residential subdivisions. Consulted & advised lenders, attorneys, developers, estates and property owners on values, development guidance and strategic planning. Last Montana ranch sale: 31,000+ acre mountain ranch.
Director of Acquisitions – DDRS (division of DBSI)- $3 billion national investment realty firm. Headed regional team to acquire land for development, in addition to large income-producing properties.
Vice-President of Investor & Developer Real Estate Lending – Capital One Bank; deal size between $3-12million. Approved or declined new loan applications for large-scale land development projects, housing builders and investment real estate for customers of 30+ business bankers covering the south-half of Texas.
COO (Chief Operations Officer)
– AmeriMont, Inc. – a diversified real estate company with 8 divisions. Responsible for all operations and financials; reorganized company into 8 new corporate entities training managers of each profit center. Developed a 2960 acre mountain ranch into 74-estate-lot subdivision with 720 acre set aside as wildlife preserve. Re-positioned marketing for 114 lot subdivision and sold 106 lots in 22 months.
Managing Broker/Owner – Lundberg & Company Commercial-Investment Real Estate & Property & Asset Management – Leadership, strategic direction, broker training/coaching, asset management, directed property management department, sales, leasing, development consulting, lender consulting and sales training and management of two dozen real estate brokers & agents; at least seven of which went on to operate their own real estate brokerage.
Managing Partner – Polypay of Bear Creek Ranch – Oversaw marketing & financials of 80-head sheep outfit.
Board Member – Gallatin County Fairgrounds – Oversaw all Gallatin County Fairgrounds operations & finances.
Founding President – Gallatin Fairgrounds Foundation – Developed concept & oversaw Gallatin County Fairgrounds Foundation operations & finances to help County Fairgrounds become financially independent and get off county tax rolls.